1. What causes dark circles under the eyes?
Dark circles under-eyes show how tired a person is, whether it is due to lack of sleep, dehydration, or smoking. They always say that it is easy to feel people’s emotions merely by looking at their eyes. At our cosmetic dermatology clinic in Beirut, Lebanon, Dr. Yassine provides a combination of cosmetic treatments for dark under-eye circles, including Fillers, Lasers & Peels, with high-quality skincare products (serums and creams).
We will highlight first some additional contributing factors for dark circles:
Dark circles may appear due to family history. They can be seen early in childhood as dark pigmentation on the upper and lower eyelids.
- Blue veins under eyes (venous stasis)
Blue veins appear when the skin under your eyes is too thin. These veins can cause bluish dark circles under your eyes.
- Groove under eyes
Dark circles may be due to the hollowness of the lower eyelids, which forms as a result of fat loss and ligaments loosening as one becomes older. For young people, this hollowness may be due to their facial structure.
2. What are the best treatments for dark circles?
- Fillers: They are considered the best treatment for dark circles, especially in terms of eliminating shadows and hollowness under the eyes. At Skin Expert Clinic, Dr. Yassine performs this procedure using a soft filler that has a long-lasting effect (more than one year). It is also worth mentioning that he uses cannulas instead of needles, as they are safer!
- Lasers: They help treat the veins under the skin, and thus they are best for the bluish dark circles.
- Peels: Chemical peels can help brighten the skin and are best for dark circles caused by genetics. You will need around three sessions sparred one month apart.
- Lightening formulas (Light Eyes Ultra): These formulas are rich in vitamin C, glutathione, and hyaluronic acid. They can lighten the pigmentation under the eyes.
At Skin Expert Clinic in Beirut, Lebanon, Dr. Yassine has an advanced injection technique and profound experience in treating and improving dark circles under-eyes. Nowadays, no need to hide your dark circles anymore!
3. What is the best eye cream or serum to treat dark circles?
Below is a list of essential ingredients to look for while choosing the best eye creams and skincare products, but always remember that these products cannot solely treat dark circles.
- Hyaluronic acid: It hydrates the skin, giving you a youthful and radiant glow.
- Caffeine: It helps reduce redness by improving blood circulation.
- Retinol: Retinol helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
- Vitamin C: It is considered the best anti-oxidant and has a lightening effect.
- Vitamin K: It the best treatment for dark circles, especially in cases of bluish dark circles caused by venous stasis.
4. How Dr. Yassine treat dark circles accompanied by eye bags?
Dr. Yassine will tell whether or not these eye bags are due to feat. If so, special enzymes dissolute these bags, and if not, the patient will have to undergo surgery. Eye creams and serums are not very useful in this condition.
We love your eyes when they glow!