1. What are the benefits of thread lifting?
- The benefits of thread lifting include:
- Lifting and tightening the face
- Stimulating collagen production
- Improving skin’s tone and firmness
- Creating a natural look
2. Thread lift vs. facelift. Which procedure is the best for you?
Back in time, the only way to address skin laxity problems was facelift surgery. However, nowadays, people prefer to have a thread lift treatment instead, as unlike facelift surgery, it has no downtime, and patients can get back to their regular activities. It is worth mentioning that the effect of facelift surgery can last up to a decade, which is longer than that of thread lift treatment (one to three years). Aforementioned, thread lifting is ideal for patients below the age of fifty-five. Still, older people who cannot undergo a facelift surgery for medical reasons, such as high blood pressure or type two diabetes, can always resort to thread lifting.
3. What are the basic types of absorbable threads?
There are different types of absorbable threads (threads that will break down and be absorbed by the body), and they are:
- Polydioxanone (PDO) thread: It is the main absorbable thread used in skin lifting, completely safe, and dissolves six months after the treatment
- PLLA (Poly L Lactic Acid) thread: It gives volume to the face and lasts about twelve months
- PCL (Polycaprolactone) thread: It dissolves 24 months after the treatment
4. What are the potential side effects of a thread lift?
Luckily, there is no risk of bleeding, severe bruising, or scaring. Still, in rare cases, some patients may experience infection or irritation if they don’t follow the instructions. In other cases, the threads may be noticeable under the skin if the technique was inappropriate.
5. What precautions should we take after a thread lift treatment?
After the treatment, our dermatologist Dr. Yassine recommends that you:
- Avoid rubbing your face vigorously while cleansing your face for the next week
- Try to prop you head up while sleeping
6. How can we enhance the results of thread lifting?
At Skin Expert Clinic in Beirut, Lebanon, our dermatologist Dr. Yassine recommends pairing thread lifting with other non-surgical treatments such as HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound). It helps you achieve a firmer and lifted skin by stimulating collagen production.
It is of sheer importance to realize that thread lifting can help tighten your skin, but not address age spots, fine lines, and uneven pigmentation. Hence, you will also need skin resurfacing treatments, including chemical peels and laser technology, to get the perfect skin ever!
Buckle up! Your journey to perfection is about to start!